• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

AR38 Speakers $ Info ASAP! Thanks!

Ibemiked

Active Member
There's a pair of AR38 speakers available near me. There's only 2 pics one with the Grille on And one of the rear. The listing says Teledyne speakers. I can kind of see through the Grille and it appears to be a 2 way speaker with the AR38 label above the tweeter. It may say AR38B or possible AR38R I can't really tell. I'll post the pic. If anyone could let me know what a good price for these would be id appreciate it. The seller says they are "Like New" "Barely Used"
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0369.PNG
    IMG_0369.PNG
    171.1 KB · Views: 62
Register to hide this ad
Well, they probably will need new foam surrounds but if not I would offer 100 bucks . 150.00 if they are "minty"?
Probably sound good....
 
Well, they probably will need new foam surrounds but if not I would offer 100 bucks . 150.00 if they are "minty"?
Probably sound good....
That's what I was thinking. They're asking $200. They also have a pair of Mint Sansui sp-x9700's in the original boxes for $500.. seems high for the sansui's.. but I think those are actually pretty decent Sansui's..
 
Those look like the original AR38S. A 10" 2-way, with a 1.25" cone tweeter. The same tweeter used in the AR18's. It was designed by Roy Allison, and is very decent. There was also an AR38B, that switched to a 1" dome tweeter, and then the AR38BX 3-way, with an 8" woofer, a 4" dome mid, and a 0.75" dome tweeter. Good too.

The 38S speakers were released in 1981. 24"x13.5"x11". Rated 45 to 21Khz. 88dB efficiency. Sold for $160 each. I've never heard them, but they seem to be highly rated. Maybe offer $75, if needing work, and $100 to $150, if in good shape.

AR Specs
 
Last edited:
Soooo??? Did you get them or what???
I'm
Soooo??? Did you get them or what???
they're holding firm at the $200 (at the moment) I just realized I bought a Sansui 3300 receiver and an early 70's JVC turntable from this same person months ago.. maybe if I remind them I bought that stuff they will come down. I have way to many speakers and wouldn't want to pay more than $100 for these.​
 
I'm

they're holding firm at the $200 (at the moment) I just realized I bought a Sansui 3300 receiver and an early 70's JVC turntable from this same person months ago.. maybe if I remind them I bought that stuff they will come down. I have way to many speakers and wouldn't want to pay more than $100 for these.​
Ya, I hear ya....
 
Back
Top Bottom