• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ARC 2.5 with MEMS Microphone

orsen

Jukebox Hero
hi
while i am content with my equipment and spares that i can swap in. i am limited for speaker placement.
i started looking at digital room correction and found this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARC25--ik-multimedia-arc-2.5-with-mems-microphone
no affil of any kind.

i have read about rew and minidsp

this sounds like it might be easier, its basically Audyssey MultiEQ like an avr
the page is ment for studio use but i mailed them and it would be fine for home use too.
any users or opinions?
 
Register to hide this ad
That looks to be a pretty good deal and relatively easy to use. The only caveat I can see is the need to have a PC/Mac on and in the loop to make it work. But then, I suppose the resulting VST plugin can be added to whatever is being used for playback.

I'm one of those who use a Umik1 mic, REW and a stand alone DSP.
 
Last edited:
If that mic is the same as every other clone of that design I've seen, you'll need to download an individual calibration file and plug it into the software. I had to do so with my Umik1 and REW.
 
Back
Top Bottom