• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Are CD Players an endangered species? / Am I too old?

although cheap cd players are being replaced by even cheaper dvd players, there seems to be no problem here in belgium, cd players aren't that hard to find...

but the cheap things will go really soon, because audiophiles don't actually use the cheap stuff (real cheap, not 'just cheap') so the only people going out there to buy a cd player are not audiophiles, then they come in the shop, and they see a shiny (plastic) slim looking dvd player, for even less money, they don't know why the cd player would be better, and so they go ahead and buy the dvd player.

goodby cheap cd player, soon you'll have a thick layer of dust on top of you...
 
Doctordirt said:
And now I'm officially too old -- thanks alot stuartk! :D

Well, I didn't have stereo until I was in Jr High School, and I got FM at about the same time.

The first LP my parents ever got for me was the Peter, Paul, and Mary album with Puff the Magic Dragon on it, and it was because they were playing it constantly on the radio at the time. I played it on one of those kid's phonographs that had the big fat needle you clamped in with a thumbscrew.

I must be old too! ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom