• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Are NS-1000Ms really worth $2500?!

Andy_H

Behind the Wall of Sleep
I know NS-1000Ms are a highly regarded speaker, and I'd love to get a pair someday, but this price made me :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Even the most expensive pair on eBay right now are something like $1500, so this ad seems crazy to me, but maybe there's something I don't know?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/1895904538.html

(no affiliation)
 
Register to hide this ad
The term delusional leaps to mind. I can't imagine a never used, NOS pair in unopened boxes going for that much.

Dave
 
And just how thrashed did these things have to be to have everything replaced? Makes me wonder just how much Bondo went into the cabinet refinishing.

Dave
 
Yeah, the thing with that kind of deal is that the model is only going to attract buyers that already know exactly what they are and how much they go for elsewhere. (The rest of them just see 25 year old butt ugly boxes.) Now he could be pitching a high price expecting offers but IMO no buyers going to walk in and haggle down to 1500/pr and still think they are getting a deal.

And how do you even run across two pairs of NS-1000s that need each and every driver / crossover replaced? And replaced with what? Some other 25 year old parts? Guess I'm in a 'skeptical' mood today.
 
You could get a new pair of high quality speakers for the same price, or some JBLs. Not worth $2500 to support his crack habits.
 
Back
Top Bottom