Romeo Wolf
Super Member
I'm starting to think about attending audio meets, and if any of you AK'ers live in the area. I live in the Camas/Vancouver area, but am willing to head to the Portland area with my father on Weekends (Saturday/Sunday) where he doesn't work.
When he does, it's usually the classic 9 to 5 workdays at home, as an Engineer, on his 3-monitor workstation and $50 Architecture software, two of which are actual computer monitors, and one which is just a Lenovo laptop. He also has an Altec Lansing 221 2.1 computer system which he's owned for over a decade. It sounds pretty good for a low end compact system, but definitely not to the level of Bookshelf speakers. I'd say it's a pretty good workstation.
Sometime in 2020, in the fresh new decade, I'd like to attend all things audio. Whenever it be Events, conventions, even just a meetup, preferably in the Vancouver/Portland area. Just not southern Portland as that's too far. Keep in mind, I'm only 15 so my judgments of sound are most definitely not up to par with actual Audiophiles, nor is my audio equipment. It's usually just cheap, low end all-in-one, Vintage, HTiB kinda stuff. But NO white van scam crap.
If there's anything audio events or that kinda stuff you want me to attend, don't fret to post it in the comments below! I'd love to know!
When he does, it's usually the classic 9 to 5 workdays at home, as an Engineer, on his 3-monitor workstation and $50 Architecture software, two of which are actual computer monitors, and one which is just a Lenovo laptop. He also has an Altec Lansing 221 2.1 computer system which he's owned for over a decade. It sounds pretty good for a low end compact system, but definitely not to the level of Bookshelf speakers. I'd say it's a pretty good workstation.
Sometime in 2020, in the fresh new decade, I'd like to attend all things audio. Whenever it be Events, conventions, even just a meetup, preferably in the Vancouver/Portland area. Just not southern Portland as that's too far. Keep in mind, I'm only 15 so my judgments of sound are most definitely not up to par with actual Audiophiles, nor is my audio equipment. It's usually just cheap, low end all-in-one, Vintage, HTiB kinda stuff. But NO white van scam crap.
If there's anything audio events or that kinda stuff you want me to attend, don't fret to post it in the comments below! I'd love to know!