• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Are these Dynacos?

mjennens

Old Guys Rule!!!
I got these for $4 each today. Obviously not the original tweeter, but I'm thinking they're Dyanco A25's. Am I right? And where can a guy get a pair of tweeters?
Thanks,
Mike
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice find! Drop in those Seas tweeters that M Jarve mentioned and you'll have an excellent pair of speakers. :thmbsp:
 
Wow, Mike, great acquisition! Where did you pick those up? I'm assuming thrift store, given it's not garage sale season yet in this part of the country. What are the odds of a second pair showing up at thrift in a town this size?

When one of my A-25 tweeters went out, I just kept checking the auction for a replacement. I think I finally paid about $10 (shipped) for a single original - but that didn't happen overnight - had to wait awhile. Tested my patience. Still my favorite speakers in the house.
 
I have a pair and they are amazing little speakers.... find the original tweeters and you will have something.
 
Origianl tweeters go for about 15 a piece on ebay. And no, I'm not affiliated with any auctions. Nice score on a great sounding speaker!
 
Been decades since I've seen a pair but, the woofer also does not look right. I thought they had a round baffle board flange.
 
Been decades since I've seen a pair but, the woofer also does not look right. I thought they had a round baffle board flange.

My second pair look just like his. I'm not sure why they went with this woofer.

The back of his woofer should have the Dynaco name on it.


Steve
 
raped A25 w/sEAS driver - the woofer. Whats hanging there doing as if it was a tweeter? SEAS 87H like those!

I got these for $4 each today. Obviously not the original tweeter, but I'm thinking they're Dyanco A25's. Am I right? And where can a guy get a pair of tweeters?
Thanks,
Mike
 
Last edited:
raped A25 w/sEAS driver - the woofer. Whats hanging there doing as if it was a tweeter?

That "tweeter" says Lloyds on the back of it. It was "sealed" with a few pieces of duct tape. Uhhh, whatever!?
The woofers are glued in with silicone glue or something of the sort. I wanted to pull them out and look at the back of them and look at the crossover.

Wow, Mike, great acquisition! Where did you pick those up? I'm assuming thrift store, given it's not garage sale season yet in this part of the country. What are the odds of a second pair showing up at thrift in a town this size?

When one of my A-25 tweeters went out, I just kept checking the auction for a replacement. I think I finally paid about $10 (shipped) for a single original - but that didn't happen overnight - had to wait awhile. Tested my patience. Still my favorite speakers in the house.

Hey Mark,
I found them at the Dakota Boy's Ranch 2nd Hand Store. Thanks for the info about eBay. I looked tonight and there's one available... for $54. I think I'll keep watching and waiting.

Mike
 
Nice find!

There are tweeters on eBay all the time. Be patient, and you'll find some for a reasonable price, certainly much less than you'll pay for a new replacement.
 
Got my A25s going today. I received the tweeters via FedEx and dropped them in and they're playing away right now. First impressions... I like them; nothing to dislike. The "S" sound is clear, not muffled. No sibilance. The bass is clean and sharp. The voices sound like they're right there, not tunneled or muffled. So far, so good. I picked up the tweeters off eBay for a total of $21.50 shipped. The speakers were $4.00 each. So, for $29.50 I have a working pair of Dynaco A25s. I'm good with that!!!
Clapton, Celine, Steve Miller, Alan Parsons, Dire Straits, Golden Earring (the drums in Twilight Zone sounds especially good!). My usual try-out songs all sound good. Dire Straits' Private Investigations is one of my favorite test songs; the Spanish guitar-esque through the different percussion effects seem to run the gamut of what I like in a speaker. Plus, all the different "background sounds" test a speaker's attention to detail. The A25 passed with flying colors. The cabinets need some attention, but that's got nothing to do with the sound. Imaging is very good in spite of just setting them up in front of my "rack" of gear.
For once I hope the weather stays crappy for a few evenings; I don't want to be distracted by a lawn that needs mowed when I have speakers to "test."
I'm running them off my SX-1010 for now. I'm going to try my tube amp next and see how that sounds too. Any input on what sounds good with them?
The pic makes things look a little messy, but who cares about being messy with a "new" pair of Dynacos to listen to.
Kind of a simple guy, but I'm pumped!!! :music:

Question- can anyone give me a simple explanation of the selector on the back? I assume, and it sounds like, the xover is mounted to it or part of it and it provides options on "brightness."
Thanks for indulging me.
Mike
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom