• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AT87SL Stylus options

byson1

Member
This came with a recent Technics TT I purchased and it sounds OK, but I believe the stylus needs to be replaced. From a few google searches it appears this cartridge is similar to the AT14S cartridge. The ATS14 stylus, however, is more than I want to spend. From what I've read, the ATS13 (the one below) will work. Does this sound correct? Thanks

https://lptunes.com/products/replacement-for-audio-technica-ats-13-needle-stylus?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0089 (002).jpg
    IMG_0089 (002).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 8
Register to hide this ad
Yes, an ATS13 would also fit on your AT model. However, the one you've linked to is a 3rd party replacement of lesser quality. You could still get an original ATS13 for comparatively fair prices from a couple of European vendors like for example Thakker(.eu).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom