• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Atlantic Oracle 4

Rick's stock # for the 10" woofer surround is 610-1067-1.

The 12" passive is an INVERTED surround, 610-345F-1.

These were $8 and $6.50 each respectively a couple years ago. So about $30 + shipping for a complete set.

I have all the actual measurements, just not electronically at the moment.

Rick's email is rcobb@tampabay.rr.com

I had good luck recapping with Dayton 5% and their NPE's for the big 50 uf caps. Stacked up 2x8.2 for the 16's.
 
Well it turns out it's usable in either direction, in fact I used the same one on a pair of small Infinities that just happened to have the same surround measurements but the surround was mounted convex instead of inverted. (What's the opposite of inverted in this context? Extraverted? :dunno: :p)

Let us know how your restoration works out!

BTW another thing I did to mine is install 5-way binding posts on the rear of the support frame/foot at the bottom, so you can connect them without laying the speaker on its side to access those screw terminals on the bottom. I just ran some wires with lugs from the old screw terminals, but my long term plan was to remove that and rewire the whole speaker with a little bit bigger wiring at the same time.
 
I've had a pair of Oracle 3's for 10 years. It's great to find an active thread on them .Could anyone recommend a place to get these restored in the Kansas City area?
20180626_024420.jpg 20180626_022832.jpg 20180626_023236.jpg 20180626_024105.jpg 20180626_022951.jpg 20180626_023038.jpg 20180626_022930.jpg
 
Does anybody know anything about the ATL Atlantis receivers? Picked up this one and I can't find a thing on it. Model RC-719
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20181225-120229_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-120229_Messenger.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20181225-120247_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-120247_Messenger.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20181225-120312_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-120312_Messenger.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20181225-120335_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-120335_Messenger.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Well, that's exactly what the brand was, for Team Electronics. But that's the first receiver I've seen with their name on it! That's a find.

Has kind of a vintage Yamaha look to the knobs and such.
 
I've had a pair of Oracle 3's for 10 years. It's great to find an active thread on them .Could anyone recommend a place to get these restored in the Kansas City area?

Grizz, so sorry I missed this post in June! I don't know of a speaker place in KC but if you're interested in doing some work yourself, we can help you through it. In fact there are some AK gatherings in the KC area and sometimes we work on equipment for fun, maybe this could be a project.

I hope you are still around AK or will get an email about this thread and come back to read it.

Is that speaker missing a woofer completely? The originals are a bit hard to find because they were made specifically for this speaker by Becker, or at least if they did use them elsewhere, there are not many out there I don't think.
 
Well, that's exactly what the brand was, for Team Electronics. But that's the first receiver I've seen with their name on it! That's a find.

Has kind of a vintage Yamaha look to the knobs and such.

The receiver sounds absolutely fantastic! That's why I wanted to find out more about it. Sounds every bit as good as this Marantz 2252b pictured below it.
Screenshot_20181226-135902_Messenger.jpg
 
The Atlantis RC-719 can’t find nothing out about it like it don’t exist lol my buddy posted pictures about in the post here unknow on wpc but it pushes those Oracle fours good
 

Attachments

  • 215A0755-F095-4907-B4D9-1018AE7B86ED.jpeg
    215A0755-F095-4907-B4D9-1018AE7B86ED.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • B997D99B-CA7C-45B0-982F-9A9749D7ECD0.jpeg
    B997D99B-CA7C-45B0-982F-9A9749D7ECD0.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 31
  • 8284E3DB-5DAB-4943-88B7-EAF73B9518B0.jpeg
    8284E3DB-5DAB-4943-88B7-EAF73B9518B0.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 0E7822A9-6D16-4B02-AD81-12B91556488D.jpeg
    0E7822A9-6D16-4B02-AD81-12B91556488D.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 31
  • 635690A1-958A-4542-AF35-57F15EAF0D54.jpeg
    635690A1-958A-4542-AF35-57F15EAF0D54.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 31
Cool! Where are you located? I'm guessing somewhere in the Midwest?

Ever had the cover off? There might be some more indentifying info inside, recognizable parts or design, etc.

It's a sweet looking receiver. I'd love to find one.
 
Atlantis was the house brand for Team Electronics out of Minneapolis, and these would have been approximately 1978-79. Their goal was to make a well-regarded house brand like Craftsman tools.

I believe the Atlantis RC-719 was made by AGS in Korea, and was maybe 45 WPC.

The same company made the Audio Reflex AGS-150 receiver at about the same time. I was working for Team at the time, and remember that we all got drop-shipped a stack of the AGS-150's and told to sell them. Numerous returns for reliability issues followed, but the RC-719 wasn't as complicated and tended to keep working.


audio-reflex-ags-150_629272.jpg

Some background on the AGS-150
https://classic-hifi.net/product/audio-reflex-model-ags-150-4/
 
AGS? What else did they make, any other brands we've heard of?

These are both fairly rare beasts I guess. I don't remember seeing the AGS-150 before either.

Edit: Quite a machine: pre-outs, 5-band EQ, meters, etc. I like it. Except for the reliability problems.
 
Cool! Where are you located? I'm guessing somewhere in the Midwest?

Ever had the cover off? There might be some more indentifying info inside, recognizable parts or design, etc.

It's a sweet looking receiver. I'd love to find one.
I’m in Iowa was lucky to get the receiver on a trade i put in on a shelf with some other stereo stuff and one day I decided to hook it up find out little more about it , well been told from a place called Team , like other have said was amazed by the sound from the receiver so I set out to find speakers to match it ended up with the Oracle fours, can’t say or have I ever found another receiver there not out there (yes) I opened the receiver up out side of it kinda reminds me of a Yamaha but inside looks like a pioneer, I have the speakers & receiver for sale for $600 really don’t care if I sell them there cool very rare to me since I can’t find no more , I have thought about replacing my other setup that’s a marantz 2252b pushing a set of KLH fives along with a set of pioneers hpm 100 , but the klh fives have been my favorites , but those Oracle fours with that 10in woofer & 15in passive radiator Can make the walls shake lol & the meds & highs are amazing
 
They are great speakers. I might have to put an auto search on ebay and try to find one of those receivers. Yours should probably stay with your Oracles. :biggrin: I have two pairs of Fours and a pair of Threes - need to downsize. :eek:
 
Given that any sort of ridiculous lowness can be streamed at you without warning in the AV realm, I think it is wise to employ a sub woofer, and limit the feed to fine vintage speakers to 90 hz. I had a near-catastrophe with over-excursion, which taught me this lesson.
 
Back
Top Bottom