• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Atlas PD-20

tom b. 57

Member
Does anyone know anything about these 20 watt 16 ohm compression drivers?

I can't find any info. what-so-ever on the internet.

I am hoping that someone here has some info. or at least is familiar with them.

I am curious as to when they were made and what speakers they may have been incorporated in..

I am pretty sure that they are a midrange driver.

Please help.

Thank you, Tom
 
Register to hide this ad
it's a siren driver. offered by atlas as an entry level driver to be used on swappable sirens. I only know of 1 company that ever used them as mid drivers and that out fit was "speaker factory" not to be confused with "speakerlab". I have an old atlas siren brochure which list the PD-20 as a 120 - 7000hz driver at 125db. There's not discription as to how those numbers were derived. Definitely questionable since the same catolog shows the PD5HV as ahaving a range of 80 to 12000hz whereas today the spec is 80 to 4100 hz.
 
Speakerfritz, thank you for the info.

This gives me a good starting point to see if there is any use or desire for these drivers and horns.

I don't have a clue what their value may be if any.

Tom
 
Back
Top Bottom