• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Attn North Carolina! KEF 105, no bids yet...

baco99

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Methinks this is a fair price at $375. The cables are probably worth $50 alone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230966927299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

KEF 105
Please note that these are local pickup only. I will not ship these unless you have someone come to my house and pick them up. These are awesome speakers. Sound great and in excellent condition. There are no issues with these speakers. These are a reference speaker and originally sold for over $3000. Comes with audioquest type 4 speaker cables.

$T2eC16JHJIkE9qU3iyHoBR,s0PYeWw~~60_57.JPG


$T2eC16F,!ygE9s7HHghgBR,s0c0EPw~~60_57.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
They're in Cary's craigslist for $450. What is the value of these speakers? I think they look pretty cool -- but if they're in bad shape I'm not sure they'll be worth the effort.
 
They're in Cary's craigslist for $450. What is the value of these speakers? I think they look pretty cool -- but if they're in bad shape I'm not sure they'll be worth the effort.

I'm guessing that they are worth about $500 in good shape. Maybe more. Would love to hear someone else's opinion on this though.
 
I shot an offer and was turned down -- he wants $425. They look compelling I wonder why they seem to be hard to sell at $500 when the 104/2's can easily go for that much.
 
I shot an offer and was turned down -- he wants $425. They look compelling I wonder why they seem to be hard to sell at $500 when the 104/2's can easily go for that much.

These could put 104.2s into a cocked hat. With a good amp, these could be the last speaker you ever bought. These would go for almost double that over here and still be a good deal. Replace castors with spikes anyway.
 
No KUBE with this one, not needed. I own a set and they worth every bit of the 375-425 he is asking. Hell I might bid, I am only a couple hours from Cary.
 
I passed on a pair of these 4-5 years ago at the same price point. Tempting, but not in the direction I'm going these days....:scratch2:
Plus I just committed for a MAC 1500 yesterday...:thmbsp:
 
The KUBE was rolled out with the 102, 103.3, 107 generation that came AFTER the 104.2. Each had a specific KUBE that was designed as part of the speaker/KUBE system and was needed for proper functioning though sound would come out if the KUBE was not used. Later a retrofit KUBE was made available as an option for the 104.2.

The next generation like the 101.2 had optional KUBES, except for the 107.2 where it was once again needed, after that I believe they went away.
 
Holy smokes! I can't believe no one bought it! I suppose it's the fact that when you bid on something like that you really have no idea what kind of shape the speakers are really in. Pictures don't say too much when it comes to speakers. For the price though I definitely thought that someone would have jumped on it. I think if I was local I would be calling this guy up now and making another offer.
 
Holy smokes! I can't believe no one bought it! I suppose it's the fact that when you bid on something like that you really have no idea what kind of shape the speakers are really in. Pictures don't say too much when it comes to speakers. For the price though I definitely thought that someone would have jumped on it. I think if I was local I would be calling this guy up now and making another offer.

He doesn't want to budge from 425. I told him the deal isn't for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom