• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AU-505 no slouch!

No luck getting the left channel to come up. Looks like a recap with new transistors is in its future. Would prefer to identify the cause before I shotgun the whole thing though.
 
I have used ksc1845fta as a replacement on filter board as well. I have very nice bass - something the 505 is famous for. I don't think the bass issue is transistor related. I would recommend you recap the unit instead. Double the power supply and output caps in uf value with same or one step up in voltage rating. For the output caps use audiograde caps such as Nichicon KG or Elna silmic's. For the power supply just look for a HQ supply cap like CDE 380 series or Chemicon U91 series.
Thank you stereofun for valueable recommendations. I will do
 
Back
Top Bottom