• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AU-5500 and AU-6600 price for good condition models

Jochencgn

New Member
I am looking for a vintage amplifier for quite some time now and I kind of fell in love with Sansui for the design of some of their models (black front plate and silver knobs).

Now I found an AU-5500 and an AU-6600 in good condition. I just wonder if the price mark of 500 and 650 EUR is okay or if they are overpriced. Any experience from your side?

In general, would you recommend those models?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
 
Register to hide this ad
I am looking for a vintage amplifier for quite some time now and I kind of fell in love with Sansui for the design of some of their models (black front plate and silver knobs).

Now I found an AU-5500 and an AU-6600 in good condition. I just wonder if the price mark of 500 and 650 EUR is okay or if they are overpriced. Any experience from your side?

In general, would you recommend those models?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
Crazy overpriced. They're good sounding but have a high noise floor.
 
I see. I am from Germany, so I understand prices are in general higher for Sansui. Maybe I can find a better deal.
I haven't looked for a while but prices in Germany in particular seem to be 'sky high' - maybe they just appreciate good engineering. ;)
 
Take a look at marktplaats.nl which is the dutch "ebay" - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here :whip:
There is an AU 5500 being offered. Highest bid currently at 210 euros. Vendor says "perfect condition" and it looks good from the pictures.
It seems legit but a bit of precaution is always advised when buying online...
Good luck!

Sartore
 
Take a look at marktplaats.nl which is the dutch "ebay" - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here :whip:
There is an AU 5500 being offered. Highest bid currently at 210 euros. Vendor says "perfect condition" and it looks good from the pictures.
It seems legit but a bit of precaution is always advised when buying online...
Good luck!

Sartore
Thank you for the information, Sartore. I had a look there but unfortunately my Dutch is not really good ;-) and I did not find any way to switch to English on this site.
Also I don't understand how the bidding works or when the offer will end (did not find any end date and it is already on offer since March...).
So this is all a bit too risky for me. But thanks anyway! :-)
 
Sansui's have made a big move up in price during the past two months.
Supply has dried up quite a bit, not counting those pricey units on Ebay with very high international shipping.
I don't mind paying a premium for a local unit that I want.
 
I'm in Belgium, next to Germany, just bought an AU-5500 last week for 240€. did not pick it up yet, but pictures showed real good condition. will pick it up this evening, exitement all over :biggrin:
 
Even if this thread is a bit old...:
Yes the prices in germany are extremely high during the last years ... but I think the best way is to just don't pay this high prices and just wait until you find a good deal.
For example I bought an au-6600 last year for ~170EUR, au-5500 for ~150EUR or a au-519 for ~150EUR...
..you just have to be patient ;-)
 
Back
Top Bottom