• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Au-999

4thgear

Member
hey all
i have after along search got a au-999. i got it from a fellow ak'er..thanks jeff
(specialidiot).i have now hooked up to a tu-999,speaker's are altec model 19's...folks that au is making the 19's just sing.:banana::music::yes:
take care folks
rett
 
Register to hide this ad
Nice one, Ive enjoyed mine, sweet sounding amp for sure, Im about to give mine it's first 38year service...................
 
hey all
i have after along search got a au-999. i got it from a fellow ak'er..thanks jeff
(specialidiot).i have now hooked up to a tu-999,speaker's are altec model 19's...folks that au is making the 19's just sing.:banana::music::yes:
take care folks
rett


yeah those sansui's are nice amps:yes:i used my altec19's with a ba3000 and enjoyd the setup alot.
 
I think it works out you need 13mV to run the optimum current, too cold and you might run into a bit of crossover distortion, too hot and you might Chernobyl the sucker .
Im about to re-transistor my drive and output section in my 999, I could report back after Ive done mine on where it needs to sit. Its always good to check back in the driver section with the scope so you can see the crossover distortion resolve as you adjust it.
But 13mV will be very close I would say.
 
At 13mV,the heatsinks were just a little bit warm to my taste,the sound is great at 10mV.

I have not make distortions analysis,but,feel free to tell how much you can go lower (just to have little but not too much warmer sound).
 
At 13mV,the heatsinks were just a little bit warm to my taste,the sound is great at 10mV.

I have not make distortions analysis,but,feel free to tell how much you can go lower (just to have little but not too much warmer sound).

Absolutely no problem, I will look into it and report back. I like to get them running as cool as possible. I look at it with a load on the amp at a low level and I find doing it this way it ends up being very close to what the manufacturer specs are, but i always try to go a bit cooler if I can get away with it..............:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom