• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audax TW025A0 to replace Peerless 811827

Register to hide this ad
I may go this route. I only paused, because I heard from someone that new tweeter designs are often better than old. The Peerless are maybe 25 years old?
 
That's generally true but you can't just arbitrarily swap drivers. When a speaker designer does the crossover work, that takes into account the acoustic and electromechanical behavior of the cabinet and drivers. So changing a tweeter in this case would probably require a crossover modification.
 
I just found a peerless tweeter with 90 degree solder runs instead of 45. Wild right? 1000000749.png
 
Back
Top Bottom