• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Audio furniture?

3db

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I want to clean up the bedroom system with a TV stand which includes a fireplace... you know make it romantic and such... I'm having a difficult time finding a product which can easily fit the AVR's girth, 17.125"w x 6.75"h x 17.25"d. and able to hold its 34 lb shelf weight.


bedroom-1-jpg.24711


I located the following.

This will work if I leave the backs off on the side shelves

Dooling+Media+TV+Stand+for+TVs+up+to+65%2522with+Fireplace.jpg



Leaving the backs off again...

dimplex-jpg.26361




There's just not much out there and I dont have the wood working tools to make one either. Where do you guys go to find audio furniture?
 
Register to hide this ad
The rent to own center used to be a source for Faux-fireplace/Bar combinations and similar gear ...
I see their gear turn up on the Dc Craigslist on occasion ...
I'm not sure Faux-fireplace/audiophile rack has ever been much in demand ...

Not being snarky - that seems to be the path around here.

Frankly, I'd be nervous about putting something that's a heat source like a faux fireplace near anything like a large flatscreen TV or near anything that runs as hot as many AVRs do.
 
I agree with the previous post from hjames. Why would you want a heat source near your electronics? It is similar to people putting their flat screen TVs over the fireplace.
 
Wayfair.com has a large selection of TV stands, including many with a faux fireplace. They can be pricey, but have free shipping over $49. No affiliation.
 
Looking at the construction, those back panels may very well be adding support. You wouldn't want the vertical bits going horizontal. :D
 
In my opinion it is stupid to buy audio furniture. Why do you need a fireplace under the TV set? A dark brown TV stand with glass shelves would look much nicer and more comfortable and cozy in my opinion.
 
Audio Racks ARE furniture and have been since they appeared on the scene — it's time to recognize it, because it's the reason they never "fit" with living or bedroom decor, only in your garage or man-cave. They are mostly ugly by "furniture standards" and furniture is mostly ugly by "audio rack standards". I've never seen a flat-screen TV or AVR look good on a Chippendale chest — both can be beautiful, but each make the other look ugly.
 
Barzilay made audio furniture, mostly out of walnut. Very awsome, style wise and build wise. Next to impossible to find now.
 
Barzilay made audio furniture, mostly out of walnut. Very awsome, style wise and build wise. Next to impossible to find now.
One was found in nice shape recently and posted in the tube forum. Beautiful audio furniture usually with nice equipment and speakers inside.
 
I don't really know where such a furniture exists. I have never seen something similar. Maybe it's a special unique furniture that can be made to order or something . But i think there is no need to strive for such an incredible, in my opinion you can choose the furniture option in a simpler way, while it will come out cheaper, but in addition it is just as beautiful. Personally, though, I prefer more expensive furniture with more unusual and more interesting designs. If you buy furniture, then it will be pleasant to look at it every day. I can advise you on a good service https://thekairoscollective.com/ , maybe there you can find what you are looking for. Although I'm not sure if there are such TV stands, the service is really good.
 
I agree with the previous post from hjames. Why would you want a heat source near your electronics? It is similar to people putting their flat screen TVs over the fireplace.
Kinda like putting the Wine Rack over top of the Fridge to skunk all your Wines.
 
Great Mid Century Modern furniture for stereo equipment, e.g. Barzilay, as in the photos below, may have to be custom-made today... Unless you have a workshop, and some skills.

barzilay_danish_modern_midcentury_audiiophile_hifi_retro_1960s_stereo_console0106.jpg a2835b96c02e6e814b86d72f1ee92bf4.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom