• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Technica AT 5013E vs VS 210E

VBB

Active Member
I have both of these cartridges and want to keep one, and sell the other on a turntable I'm parting with. They both need a stylus, so I'll be buying new ones, but want to buy a really good one for the keeper of these two. I've read the 5013 is a variant of the 13, so any input of that would help.
Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I've listened to both and the 210 seemed very detailed but extra bright, while the 5013 had more bass and punch. But they both have slightly bent styli (I used an old scrap record).
 
I have both of these cartridges and want to keep one, and sell the other on a turntable I'm parting with. They both need a stylus, so I'll be buying new ones, but want to buy a really good one for the keeper of these two. I've read the 5013 is a variant of the 13, so any input of that would help.
Thanks.

What kind of budget do you have in mind? :idea:
 
For the one I'm not keeping? As cheap as I can find a decent stylus. For the one I will keep? Maybe $100 or so.
 
For the one I'm not keeping? As cheap as I can find a decent stylus.

For the one I will keep? Maybe $100 or so.

For the one I'm not keeping? As cheap as I can find a decent stylus.

There are even less expensive ones on line than the one listed below.
https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATSVS210E.html

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATSAT5013E.html

For the one I will keep? Maybe $100 or so.
https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATS12S-LP.html

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATS13-OR.html

Enjoy! :)
 
VBB: The AT5013E, of course. Oh, and TVoM still offers the ATS13 for ca. 30 bucks less than LPGear - as Pfanstiehl-repacked 201-DEM.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
  • Like
Reactions: VBB
It helps to decipher the jobber codes. If you want to move the unwanted cart, then get the code for the generic variant (210-De, 679-de, or the D7 conical codes) and you have a $15 needle that works fine. Sometimes when I know that code, I can backtrack to the Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer variants and find AT made needles for cheap that are absolutely fine quality.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VBB
eb2j: 210-DE? Uhm - that's not a generic needle, but a Pfanstiehl-repacked, original ATN51E, which has nothing to do with the two carts this thread is about.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom