• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio-Technica USB connection

oldradio99

New Member
I have been gone far too long but now that I am retired I wanted to find an inexpensive and OK way to pay and record some of my old albums

I picked up an audio-technica and have attempted to connect it to my PC via the USB.

The signal is coming through as I can playback through Audacity but I get no payback without recording.

I have a Windows 10 PC.

So my question is this normal for a USB connection?

I can bring an old small amp up to connect the Audio-Technia too but that is more trouble than I wanted.

Thanks to anyone who has gone though this frustration.

Art
 
Register to hide this ad
The USB connection is meant for recording the audio, not just for listening to it. But Media Player Classic (a.k.a. MPC-HC) can play audio from USB audio devices, as shown in this video (skip to 5:35):

 
I have been gone far too long but now that I am retired I wanted to find an inexpensive and OK way to pay and record some of my old albums

I picked up an audio-technica and have attempted to connect it to my PC via the USB.

The signal is coming through as I can playback through Audacity but I get no payback without recording.

I have a Windows 10 PC.

So my question is this normal for a USB connection?

I can bring an old small amp up to connect the Audio-Technia too but that is more trouble than I wanted.

Thanks to anyone who has gone though this frustration.

Art
You have rig something that will allow you to monitor as well as record ^^^. You can't just stick an audio cable into a jack on your computer and hope to get real-time monitoring through your speakers.
 
You can to connect your AT turnteble via USB to computer and connect RCA cables on your amplifier then record and listen in same time music
I have been gone far too long but now that I am retired I wanted to find an inexpensive and OK way to pay and record some of my old albums

I picked up an audio-technica and have attempted to connect it to my PC via the USB.

The signal is coming through as I can playback through Audacity but I get no payback without recording.

I have a Windows 10 PC.

So my question is this normal for a USB connection?

I can bring an old small amp up to connect the Audio-Technia too but that is more trouble than I wanted.

Thanks to anyone who has gone though this frustration.

Art

You can to connect your AT turnteble via USB to computer and connect RCA cables on your amplifier from turntable then record music on PC and listen music in same time on speaker. You can also to listen music on headphones which is connect on amplifier if you have headphone jack on it.
 
Thanks for the hints and tips

I at least figured out how to get audio out while recording.

Now just need to find a how to for dummies on how to use Audacity to split the tracks of the album
 
You can use it for playback, go into control panel/sound, select the TT in recording, , click on properties, second tab, check the box "Listen to this device".
 
You can use it for playback, go into control panel/sound, select the TT in recording, , click on properties, second tab, check the box "Listen to this device".

Windows 7 work on that way. What @oldradio99 version have. I dont have too much experience with Windows 10 on sound properties, Linux is my right way. ;) Does it have same option?
 
Works the same exact way in windows 10, I do it all the time because my TT by my PC goes through my USB audio interface.By manipulating settings in sound property I can make the TT output through the USB audio interface, or even output through my AV receiver hooked up by HDMI.
 
Back
Top Bottom