• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audiophile or Music Lover?

Are you an Audiophile or Music Lover?

  • Audiophile

    Votes: 67 16.9%
  • Music Lover

    Votes: 329 83.1%

  • Total voters
    396
"Music"

I grew up listening to a hand held transistor radio in the sixties which inspired me to learn how to play guitar & drums.
My equipment is better than ever now, but the music remains the same for me.
 
Last edited:
Finally more equity in this obsession now. But for every dollar i've spent on hardware, i've still prolly spent $100 on soft.
 
I'm going to go with Music Lover. It don't matter if I'm listening to music on a boom box or a 120 watt per channel receiver. I do have a lot of equipment, but that is because I have a lot of different types of media that my music is on to choose from.
 
Me? I'm a badly outdated low-grade audiophile, and a very highly-trained musician. Audiophilia comes and goes from what I experience, but music...never. It is an essential and utterly indestructible part of who I am.
 
I'm a music lover . . . but I really can't stand listening to good music or a good recording on a sub-standard system. So, given the two choices, what does that make me??

Other than another member in need of a third option . . . "Both"!
 
It has always been and will always be about the music. The equipment I own has improved over the years but the joy is in the music itself. Of course I enjoy having nice equipment but I have spent much more money acquiring music than I have spent on the conveyance of it. :music:
 
Music lover always, no matter what its coming out of. I really enjoy finding out how good the music sounds from older vintage equipment.
 
Neither..Over worked,under paid, multi-skilled technician.With to little time to enjoy my own toys.
 
Both. If I hear a song I love while in the car, I crank it, even though the system in my car sucks lol. I also enjoy hearing every last detail in my music, hence the partial audiophile moniker.
 
Music lover, audio enthusiast.

I get so much more of a thrill exploring music than agonizing over placement, speaker wire gauge, isolation, and power management. Sure, everyone loves to get new gear, but I can't let the gear take precedent over my music. Once I get my system dialed in, I forget about it and return to the jams.
 
Music lover.

Pretty well through with the audiophile mode that I had to get into, while I built my system.

Just need a great cartridge............Benz Glider anyone?....and I will be done.



Love the system. Lotta bang for the buck.

Already setting for hours.......just listening. And buying vinyl like Roy Orbison Master Recording.....tho latest buy was.......... 3 blossom Dearie CDs.........Heaven!
 
Back
Top Bottom