• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Avant loudspeakers

More Audio Logic...
22”h
8”d
12”w
12-15lbs
And of course $19.99 at Salvation Army.
I have them hooked up and they are very bright. Other Canadian designed/assembled speakers I’m enjoying; Amx (the one in the background) and some Noresco 561 with the German isophone.
Good 70s vibes with my realistic sta90.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 18
More Audio Logic...
22”h
8”d
12”w
12-15lbs
And of course $19.99 at Salvation Army.
I have them hooked up and they are very bright. Other Canadian designed/assembled speakers I’m enjoying; Amx (the one in the background) and some Noresco 561 with the German isophone.
Good 70s vibes with my realistic sta90.
These are “cold dead fingers” speakers.
 
Speaking of the letter "A"- those 4As above certainly remind me of some Acousti-Phase speakers I used to own. Looks like the exact same driver roster. Panasonic/Matsushita dome tweeter (clone of a Philips AD0160), Philips AD5060 midrange, and the woofer is also quite similar. The Avants have a better quality cabinet (the Acousti-Phase were vinyl woodgrain wrapped), but the proportions and drivers look very similar.

If the Avant 4As have a port in the rear- I would bet they were probably based on the same exact design as the Acousti-Phase...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
They look very well made for the time they were made, I don't see why so many doubt a house brand could be made well? I have a pair of Omega brand speakers which were a DLK lesser brand that was made as an in house brand for local shops in MN.

They use the best DLK dome and what appears to be Conn woofers with alnico magnets. 3 ways with heavy cabinets, typical design with deep inset covers
 
After an extensive search, i can't find any info on Avant speakers (circa 1974ish?) other that a single, small post on this forum, but it doesn't say much. Is anyone familiar with them? My parents have a pair of 3-ways, i just found a pair of 4-ways at a garage sale, 15" woofer...huge cabs! Does anyone know what happened to the company? Anyone have any experience with them? I think my parents' sound great, can't wait to refoam these ones and have a listen...
Thanks!!
I have seen 100's of pairs of Avant speakers for sale over the years around here. There must have been a distributor in Canada as they were very popular in the late 70's early 80's. They are decent speakers with exceptionally well built cabinets. Quite often had Vifa, Philips, Audax, Seas etc.. drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom