• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Axiom speakers

tdwpgtp

Active Member
I have found some Axiom m80 (I am not sure which version, he claims they are 5 years old, though), Axiom VP150 center channel, 2 Axiom QS8, and an Axiom subwoofer, which he claims is an EP600, but certainly does not look nearly large enough in the picture. I think it may actually be an EP400. Anyway, he is asking $550 for it all. The MSRP on this stuff is astronomical, so is this actually a good deal? Is this gear actually any good? It will be used for music and home theater.

Any information, tips, or comments are very welcome! Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I've listened to Axiom speakers many times. If you like a clean, detailed sound, they are very good. Some people find them overly bright, I think because they are used to listening to speakers which soften and roll off highs.

That price is fantastic. Even at full list, Axioms are good values.
 
Upon further research, it appears that this system is one of their "Epic" home theater systems. The subwoofer should then be an EP500 or EP350, and, judging by that mistake, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the towers are M60's or lower. The Epic 60 - 350 still has an MSRP of nearly $4000...But I have read some reviews saying that their were better ways to spend that kind of money. With that being said, is it fair to say that regardless of everything previously mentioned, $550 still isn't a bad price? That is,providing it is all in good shape.
 
Back
Top Bottom