mitchm67
New Member
Hi Folks,
Mathias posted that pic of "some" of my current P-1, E-1,, B-1 collection. The original pic taken earlier this fall showing those particular 9 Sansui "dash one" units in a stack on one of my living room tables is on the vintage audio thread on Reddit, along with the comments and some answered questions. Please Note: The image is clearly copyrighted, so in future I'd appreciate a written request to use it elsewhere other than where I originally uploaded it. I won't at this time insist that it be pulled from this thread even though it has undeniably been posted without written permission, but please know that it's copyrighted for good reason given the insane rarity of the equipment and the somewhat massive amount of research and investment required to make this collection tangibly happen. In future if you want to use one of my images....you need to actually ask me first. I think that's a fair and reasonable request to be making (notwithstanding the real world legal obligations regarding the use of copyrighted materials). I don't think Mathias intended any harm with the post of my image, so I'll leave it at that for the moment. He's without doubt an avid and passionate Sansui collector (and AK contributor) and I think we all appreciate his contributions. That legal "use" issue aside, the current "professional" collection I have consists of 5 x B-1, 5 x P-1 (including serial #1) and 2 x E-1 (including serial #1) units along with original cut sheet/brochures for all 3 models, B-1 Service manual, P-1 User guide, P-1 and E-1 original boxes and all known published references and articles on the gear series (original hard copies of the publications). I'm obviously looking for more materials and any help from the community in that respect would always be appreciated. The original service and user guides are of particular interest as they are more rare than the units themselves have proven to be. I also have a decent provenancial history on where and by whom the a good number of the units were purchased and used for many years. And if you are wondering, none of it is currently planned to be placed for sale as I am still actively collecting these units. It is all slated for full or partial restoration over the next number of years with some of the service work ongoing. Please note that I am not often reading the threads here on AK, but I do check in once in a while to see what's going on. I also apologize in advance if you do not receive a prompt response to a question or comment you might have. I'll do my best to respond when time permits. Cheers to all of you fantastic Sansui fans, Mitch M.
p.s. Pete - you will be getting another P-1 serial number shortly (early Jan. 2021).
Mathias posted that pic of "some" of my current P-1, E-1,, B-1 collection. The original pic taken earlier this fall showing those particular 9 Sansui "dash one" units in a stack on one of my living room tables is on the vintage audio thread on Reddit, along with the comments and some answered questions. Please Note: The image is clearly copyrighted, so in future I'd appreciate a written request to use it elsewhere other than where I originally uploaded it. I won't at this time insist that it be pulled from this thread even though it has undeniably been posted without written permission, but please know that it's copyrighted for good reason given the insane rarity of the equipment and the somewhat massive amount of research and investment required to make this collection tangibly happen. In future if you want to use one of my images....you need to actually ask me first. I think that's a fair and reasonable request to be making (notwithstanding the real world legal obligations regarding the use of copyrighted materials). I don't think Mathias intended any harm with the post of my image, so I'll leave it at that for the moment. He's without doubt an avid and passionate Sansui collector (and AK contributor) and I think we all appreciate his contributions. That legal "use" issue aside, the current "professional" collection I have consists of 5 x B-1, 5 x P-1 (including serial #1) and 2 x E-1 (including serial #1) units along with original cut sheet/brochures for all 3 models, B-1 Service manual, P-1 User guide, P-1 and E-1 original boxes and all known published references and articles on the gear series (original hard copies of the publications). I'm obviously looking for more materials and any help from the community in that respect would always be appreciated. The original service and user guides are of particular interest as they are more rare than the units themselves have proven to be. I also have a decent provenancial history on where and by whom the a good number of the units were purchased and used for many years. And if you are wondering, none of it is currently planned to be placed for sale as I am still actively collecting these units. It is all slated for full or partial restoration over the next number of years with some of the service work ongoing. Please note that I am not often reading the threads here on AK, but I do check in once in a while to see what's going on. I also apologize in advance if you do not receive a prompt response to a question or comment you might have. I'll do my best to respond when time permits. Cheers to all of you fantastic Sansui fans, Mitch M.
p.s. Pete - you will be getting another P-1 serial number shortly (early Jan. 2021).