• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&O Beosound 9000 CD player to vintage receiver?

jeeem

Active Member
A few years back, I picked up a used Beosound 9000 6-CD changer -- mainly because it looks so cool and I imagined mounting it on the wall. I'm finally getting around to setting it up, but I don't know if I can get it to work through one of my vintage receivers (Marantz 2275, Fisher 500C, McIntosh MAC 1900, Sansui 8080, Pioneer SX747, Kenwood Model Eleven, or McIntosh separates C28/MC2505 ...).

I tried using the Beosound's digital coax output and running that through a DAC (Cambridge DacMagic PLUS 100 Azur or Schiit Modi 3) but get no sound. I've seen adapters that split the B&O output into right and left RCA plugs. Do you think that might work? Or is there A Better Way?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Standard RCA output jacks are usually the left & right line level outputs. These can be plugged into any aux, tuner, or tape input on any vintage or new amp / receiver. If it has no left & right RCA outputs, then you get into DAC's and other things you would need to use 'em with vintage equipment that doesn't sport digital input capabilities.
 
This system, was, I believe, designed to drive active speakers directly. It's possible that you could get analog output from the DIN connectors, but the adapter is probably your best bet (isn't there any info from the adapter seller?). B&O being B&O, I'm not surprised that the digital output isn't standard.
 
Back
Top Bottom