• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B & O Beovox S45-2 speakers

Register to hide this ad
I purchased a pair of Beovox s - 45 II's In Mint Condition on craigslist a while back. no stands . Got them for $100 and purchased their big brothers ( s 75's ) for $150. The s75's did come with thier stands. I would say I got the better end of that particular deal. Your s 45's look like they dont have the same tweeters as mine , mine have the yellow tweeters. Not sure if its relevant but probably worth looking into.

Overall i'd say they are worth 150 ( if they come with their DIN speaker cables) . My speakers did, but the previous owner broke the 4400 receiver they came with. He chopped one end of the cables so as to use them with normal speaker terminals. Not sure if its an issue but I have my s75's hooked up right now ( with the same chopped wires) , one with the Din connector hooked into the speaker terminal, and the opposite bare copper wire end in my receiver terminals and they play just fine.

ALSO : I read some bit of info while doing research on Bang and Olufsen gear. Apparently, The crossovers in these speakers are precisely limited to the max input of 75 watts , the slightest over usually kills the crossovers. So use the speakers accordingly , dont hook them up to an amp that pushes more than 75 watts. ( common sense right ? ) hehe maybe not in this day and age ;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom