• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&O Beovox s60 speakers.

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
While garage sale-ing earlier today I came across a pair of Beovox s60 speakers.
A little worn on the cabs, mids and tweeters are original, not 100% sure on the woofers, looked like the foam was good but one google search result mentioned the s60's had rubber surrounds.
The proprietary B&O speaker connection means suitable adaptors would be needed to get them running. A good bargaining point I suppose.
Completed sales at ebay gave pretty much no info.


I'm not a flipper, so if they were to come home with me they would stay here.
I don't NEED any more speakers.
They had NO PRICE stickers and the pricing on other articles was kind of all over the place.
Any ideas what they usually sell for or are worth, been wondering if I should have grabbed them.
Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have some wires w/plugs here somewhere. But don't worry. Mcmaster or grainger had the ends. It's not like b&o bothered to make their own. I'll look tonight.
 
Thanks.
I found some sources on ebay for the adaptors.
Just thought it might be a possible bargaining tool as far as pricing. Since they had no price on them I could point out it's not possible to just connect standard wire and they'd work and maybe they'd price them cheap(er).
Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and see if they are still there. And ask for a price.
 
I sold a nice of pair of S45's a year ago for $80 with the correct connectors. Those are the little brothers of the S60's. So maybe $100-$120 for the S60's. They worth much more if they have the factory stands. The s45's were nice speakers at moderate levels in a medium room.
 
No factory stands with this pair.
And as mentioned, I am unsure of the woofers as they appear to have foam surrounds and by most accounts they were produced with butyl (sp) rubber surrounds.
I've researched them enough today that if I go back tomorrow and they are still there I will be able to visually tell if they are the original woofers but with foam surrounds, or replacement woofers.
 
While garage sale-ing earlier today I came across a pair of Beovox s60 speakers.
A little worn on the cabs, mids and tweeters are original, not 100% sure on the woofers, looked like the foam was good but one google search result mentioned the s60's had rubber surrounds.
The proprietary B&O speaker connection means suitable adaptors would be needed to get them running. A good bargaining point I suppose.
Completed sales at ebay gave pretty much no info.


I'm not a flipper, so if they were to come home with me they would stay here.
I don't NEED any more speakers.
They had NO PRICE stickers and the pricing on other articles was kind of all over the place.
Any ideas what they usually sell for or are worth, been wondering if I should have grabbed them.
Thanks.

I just checked my S60 for you - rubber surrounds...
 
Thanks!
At this point I'm going to pass on them. They may have already sold anyways.
I was thinking $20 would probably/maybe get them.
I don't need them and more clutter is also not needed here.
 
Back
Top Bottom