• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&O RL 140 DIY stands?

oflores93

Active Member
Hey guys. I just finished refoaming a pair of B&O RL 140's. (I'll post photos of the interior cabinet in a different thread tomorrow, interesting internals).

I've become well aware that the stands for these things are very very hard to find. I'm wondering if anyone has done any DIY solutions. I'd really like to have them set up so they don't take up as much width. If there aren't any DIY solutions, does anyone know where I could buy a pair and what the typical going price for these stands are?

Thanks in advance, if my questions are too vague or unclear please feel free to call me out on it.
 
Register to hide this ad
I use a set of RL 140's but mine are wall mounted. Because they are in my work shop, I was able to save space and keep the tweeters at ear level (standing most the time). That said; It is almost cheaper to shop for the speakers and stands together. For some reason the stands fetch as much when sold separately. Craigslist is a good source as cost of shipping on these are big time expensive.
I see them (speakers and stands) often for 125-150. Also, there are two styles of stands from B&O. As for wall mounting, My shop has cement walls, so building brackets and mounting was easy.. BTW the speakers are very strong performers! They were able to be used with their top of the line receiver (at the time) Beomaster 8000. It was a beast! Hope this helps.
 
I use a set of RL 140's but mine are wall mounted. Because they are in my work shop, I was able to save space and keep the tweeters at ear level (standing most the time). That said; It is almost cheaper to shop for the speakers and stands together. For some reason the stands fetch as much when sold separately. Craigslist is a good source as cost of shipping on these are big time expensive.
I see them (speakers and stands) often for 125-150. Also, there are two styles of stands from B&O. As for wall mounting, My shop has cement walls, so building brackets and mounting was easy.. BTW the speakers are very strong performers! They were able to be used with their top of the line receiver (at the time) Beomaster 8000. It was a beast! Hope this helps.

Yeah I figured it may be cheaper to just buy together. I would wall mount but I'm fairly sure the drywall in my basement could not handle it hah. Such a shame that the stands are so hard to find..

Also thanks for the feedback about the speakers, I'm looking forward to putting the cabinet back together and giving them a good listen.
 
Hello friends, i want to dig the thread, cause in 2-3 hours my RL 140 will arrive to me :rockon:, but stand are extremly rare, and i came with an ide to make them :) on my own, can anyone measure the oryginal stands for me ?
 
Had to smile at this thread. As I am a sad B&O nerd, not only did I have to have the right stands for my RL140s, they cost me more then the speakers did.

Even worse, I really don't like RLs, although the 140s are the 'least worst'!
 
Had to smile at this thread. As I am a sad B&O nerd, not only did I have to have the right stands for my RL140s, they cost me more then the speakers did.

Even worse, I really don't like RLs, although the 140s are the 'least worst'!

Hello m8! I have B&O S45-2 S22 S35 P45 and p30? So whos the nerd now XD
I bought them just to see if the made progress from S45 / ML150 / age, lets call them vintage
 
Hello m8! I have B&O S45-2 S22 S35 P45 and p30? So whos the nerd now XD
I bought them just to see if the made progress from S45 / ML150 / age, lets call them vintage

Careful - you might struggle to beat me in a B&O 'nerd-off'!! ;)

As to progress, I also have a pair of MS150.2s - let's just say I consider the RL140s to be a huge backward step! My RL140s need re-foaming which I'm intending to do in the next week or so - they'll probably be up for sale then.
 
Careful - you might struggle to beat me in a B&O 'nerd-off'!! ;)

As to progress, I also have a pair of MS150.2s - let's just say I consider the RL140s to be a huge backward step! My RL140s need re-foaming which I'm intending to do in the next week or so - they'll probably be up for sale then.

They dont sound that bad, i just plugged them yesterday as for first impressions they are bether than s45-2 in movies, i think thats an interesting adventure, i have to open mine, i think that i have 2 foams to be chenged. but they are not so bad, try to put them near the wall on the floor, they have a really decent bass line.

Still, can anyone measure the stand for me ?
 
Ooo! Oooo! (Nerd flag flying) :confused:

I've a pair of M75's and also a pair of Beovox 2600's (bought new in 1970).

Have the stands for the M75's, but it looks like they are different for the RL series. Review said the RL stands were not very good, if correct perhaps you are better designing your own or trying to wall mount them...
 
Ooo! Oooo! (Nerd flag flying) :confused:

I've a pair of M75's and also a pair of Beovox 2600's (bought new in 1970).

Have the stands for the M75's, but it looks like they are different for the RL series. Review said the RL stands were not very good, if correct perhaps you are better designing your own or trying to wall mount them...

They are BIG!
And my wife is not so happy about idea of mounting them on a wall. I just need the dimmensions o the steel profiles, i can make them, alternate is to buy the ones from rl 60.2 and "fix" the handle, but as far as i know they are much smaller, is that correct ?
 
Back
Top Bottom