• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&W DM580 speakers or maybe some Ohm FRS-9 speakers???

gentlejax

Super Member
ok here is the deal...I have had my DCM Timeframes for a while. they still jam but I am wanting to get something to replace the Klipsch SF-2 I have also.

Nothing ever pops up around here thats of decent value but I have a guy with a set of B&W DM580's and some Ohm FRS-9 and one other OHM speaker.

closest thing to quality I have seen around here in a long time.

should I keep looking ? He wants $225 for the DM580 $150 for OHM FRS-9
 
Register to hide this ad
I've had a pair of DM580's for sale in the private forum you can access it by upgrading your account.

The DM580 is. A very smooth sounding speaker, lots of low end and an airy high frequency
 
Just out of curiosity do you know what the other OHM speaker is? To me the other options seem decent enough for the money but OHM had some really phenomonal omnidirectional stuff. Think it could be well worth it if that "other" speaker happens to be anything Walsh 2 or above.
 
Just out of curiosity do you know what the other OHM speaker is? To me the other options seem decent enough for the money but OHM had some really phenomonal omnidirectional stuff. Think it could be well worth it if that "other" speaker happens to be anything Walsh 2 or above.

the other OHM speaker is a pair of 4XO that need some kindd of cover..not really sure what that means.


I Know nothing of either one except they were both fairly costly compared to anthing I can find local and there is nothing local. lol..
 
The 4xo is amazing. The cover is likely just the screen that goes on top, which you can get From ohm. Totally cosmetic. If they don't need any other work, that's the deal.
 
I've never heard a Walsh in person but I've heard the legends. If they're as good as people say they are then I'd say the 4XO is the way to go.

I've been looking for a Walsh 3 or above for the past year or so with no avail.
 
I've never heard a Walsh in person but I've heard the legends. If they're as good as people say they are then I'd say the 4XO is the way to go.

I've been looking for a Walsh 3 or above for the past year or so with no avail.

interesting.

the 4xo are missing the square top cover but that seems easy enough to order .

for $250 might be worth checking out .
 
That is a good price i. The OHM speakers are made to sound alike . The different models
Are for the room size . Go on the web site and see what John has to offer. The bass is good on the larger models as well
 
I looked at the frs-9 and the bw 580. Ended up taking the 580. The frs was making some popping noises like the speaker was bottoming out where the dm580 was tight.
 
Back
Top Bottom