• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&W tweeter upgrades? help?

hey guys , i am having a problem with my B&W dm 602 s2, one tweeter seems to not sounds quite as good as the other, sound is coming out but its not as loud,clear smooth as the other. when a tweeter "blows" is it all or nothing? it seems to be on the way out so i was looking for a replacement tweeter and started thinking about possible upgrades. anyone know if any of the upper range B&W tweeters fit in this speaker? any ideas? thanks for your help
 
Register to hide this ad
sounds like a crossover problem, did you switch channels on your receiver/amp, to eliminate your amplification?
 
I see you're in Seattle - I have two spare B&W 600 S2 tweeters in my storage unit that work great but got pressed in a bit (they've mostly recovered, but you can still tell if you look close) that I'd be willing to sell you for a pittance and ship, or if you are ever in Portland they are yours to take. I replaced the tweeters on my old 603 S2's because the caps got pushed in. $50 each brand new through the local B&W dealer. Sold the speakers, but I still have the two old tweeters sitting in boxes in my storage unit.

PM me if you're interested, I don't know if I'll come across this thread again.
 
Back
Top Bottom