• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Back-To-Black for black anodized aluminum?

Old Guy8

Cliff & Cleo
Subscriber
I used some abrasive free auto wax on a black anodized aluminum amp. Unfortunately looked blotchy afterward. I wanted some shine and maybe protection from oxidation.

So found an old bottle of Mothers Back -To-Black auto trim treatment. Claims to remove oxidation, dirt and wax on vinyl, plastic, trim and wiper blades. Contains alcohols. Metal is not specifically mentioned. I applied avoiding any painted lettering. And polished off. Blotchy wax removed and now shiny. I doubt this will give lasting protection from oxidation on aluminum.

Anyone else found a product for shine on anodized black aluminum?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Last edited:
I know that this is made for vinyl rubber plastic and it works great on tires and faded automotive trim but it also works awesome on metals.
I've used it restore the color and sheen of our outdoor patio furniture and aluminum gazebo. It dries non tacky and has lasted months on our outdoor furniture so far.
I think I would try it, it beats the black on black by far and I used that for our vehicles the last few years until I found the VRP.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/vrp-vinyl-rubber-plastic-shine-and-protectant/vrp-super-shine.html
 
Back
Top Bottom