Little Nellie
Well-Known Member
Finally got some time to start up the LED conversion on the equipment. Since I have a C33 that is not being use, I figure I will start with that one. Mounting the LED power supply board was not a problem. Found a place close to the front panel where I can use an existing hole. Don't want to drill any holes just in case I want to go back to original.
Mounting the LED was not a problem since they are about the size of the light bulbs I am replacing. Power up and all the LED lighted up just fine. Nice and white and runs cold. After re-mounting the glass panel, turn off the overhead light for a final test before putting the knobs back on. Problem.... the colour is not the same. The colour temperature is different, much colder and toward the blue side. Not the green tint with the incandescent blub made.
Can someone that has a current Mc that uses LED tell me what colour LED it use? Do they have any filter in front of them etc.? Or is the tinting of the glass different the older one?
thanks
LN
Mounting the LED was not a problem since they are about the size of the light bulbs I am replacing. Power up and all the LED lighted up just fine. Nice and white and runs cold. After re-mounting the glass panel, turn off the overhead light for a final test before putting the knobs back on. Problem.... the colour is not the same. The colour temperature is different, much colder and toward the blue side. Not the green tint with the incandescent blub made.
Can someone that has a current Mc that uses LED tell me what colour LED it use? Do they have any filter in front of them etc.? Or is the tinting of the glass different the older one?
thanks
LN