• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Backwoods cigars...

trutrent

Active Member
Man I just have to rant about my fav. everyday cigar. I have smoked a pack a day for quite some time now.

Heres my gripe the company deceided to 'repackage'. while the price has slowley been climbing over the last few years due to NY. taxes they were still an affordable cigar. Right before the repackage they were 8 for $9.49 (before ny.tax hikes they were $7.49 less than a year ago.)now new package with the bold "Now 5 cigars" face sells for $ 7.49. $1.18 vs. 1.49 each.

And to add insult to injury the left the package the same size! so when i peer into my sexy pack it's less than half full!
I dont want an excuse to quit either it's one of my guilty pleasures.
Damn it all!
Thanks, I going to burn one now.
 
Register to hide this ad
Just like all consumables nowadays, it's been hit with that market tool known as the shrink ray! Leaves the package the same size, but with less content. Those marketing guys are sneaky little devils aren't they?
 
Yeah, they slammed us with another huge cigarette tax a few months ago, & it was the last straw. I only buy "store-made" smokes once in awhile now, if I'm going somewhere. The rest of the time, I roll my own, using the little machine & tubes. For those who don't know, the tubes have a filter, which is pretty important, & once you get the hang of it, you can make them better than a store-made. :smoke: For cigars, I guess you could always hire some Cubans, like Kramer did. :D
 
I love a good backwoods too.. but sure seems to me when I've bought them over the years there was only 5 in the bag... I could be remembering wrong though...

Just be glad you don't like these... I need to buy me a box...

Onyx-reserve-cigars-ad.jpg
 
Yeah, they slammed us with another huge cigarette tax a few months ago, & it was the last straw. I only buy "store-made" smokes once in awhile now, if I'm going somewhere. The rest of the time, I roll my own, using the little machine & tubes. For those who don't know, the tubes have a filter, which is pretty important, & once you get the hang of it, you can make them better than a store-made. :smoke: For cigars, I guess you could always hire some Cubans, like Kramer did. :D
lol Kramer
yeah a few of my friends roll their own its about a $2 a pack they tell me.
we had an indian resevation that was tax free but 2 weeks ago the state forced them to pay the taxes.
man, just because the state spends out of control we, the working class, have to suffer.
 
I love a good backwoods too.. but sure seems to me when I've bought them over the years there was only 5 in the bag... I could be remembering wrong though...

Just be glad you don't like these... I need to buy me a box...

Onyx-reserve-cigars-ad.jpg
ohh I love a good cigar also but if I could afford to smoke them all day I wouldnt be the kind of guy to complain about price.
I've been really loving the Kristoff maduro torpedos lately
 
Yeah, they slammed us with another huge cigarette tax a few months ago, & it was the last straw. I only buy "store-made" smokes once in awhile now, if I'm going somewhere. The rest of the time, I roll my own, using the little machine & tubes. For those who don't know, the tubes have a filter, which is pretty important, & once you get the hang of it, you can make them better than a store-made. :smoke: For cigars, I guess you could always hire some Cubans, like Kramer did. :D

I've stuffed thousands and thousands of tubes.. it gets old if you smoke a pack or more a day, HOWEVER, I do love some of the tobaccos you can get, especially some of the shags. I also like that SO FAR, they aren't FSC tubes, but I'm betting that's gonna change..

I've looked at some of the machines that you dump everything in, and turn it on and it spits them out for you without you having to do the work...but damn are they pricy...

I went back to the FSC's damn it.. I do like my electronic smokes, but even with one of the best systems you can buy, they are still too fidgety to want to use full time.
 
Yeah, having to roll your own DOES help ya cut back, lol. It's not that it's very hard or anything, but it does give you a little extra time to think about wether you actually want one, or if you're just being fidgety. :scratch2:
 
I love a good backwoods too.. but sure seems to me when I've bought them over the years there was only 5 in the bag... I could be remembering wrong though...

Just be glad you don't like these... I need to buy me a box...

Onyx-reserve-cigars-ad.jpg

Hands down, Onyx is my favorite cigar. I remember when they were cheap. :thumbsdn:
 
I went to a MC rally last month, and they had a cigar vendor there... I went through some Onyx's.,... he was lovin me... I'm thinking I may stop across the street from my wife's office tonight and get me a few... kinda having the urge...
 
?

Yeah, they slammed us with another huge cigarette tax a few months ago, & it was the last straw. I only buy "store-made" smokes once in awhile now, if I'm going somewhere. The rest of the time, I roll my own, using the little machine & tubes. For those who don't know, the tubes have a filter, which is pretty important, & once you get the hang of it, you can make them better than a store-made. :smoke: For cigars, I guess you could always hire some Cubans, like Kramer did. :D

Filter smilter,the ones you use for rollies are crap,nowhere near as good as Tailor made smokes if any of them are good!I should know as I smoked 2 packs a day until Tailored ones went to around $1O a pack and rolled my own until just recently when I went back to Store bought ones and you know why,because the Rollies burn faster and the costs are soon back to what store boughts are!Don't matter how well you make them they smoke faster and most of the People I know have to smoke up to 3 home mades to last as long as someone else who smokes one Tailor made and having smoked and I'm not bragging about it,2-3 + packs of whatever over 45 yrs I think I am qualified to state this.....:):scratch2:
 
If you stuff the tubes too loose, they burn fast... too tight, and are a bitch to smoke, but if you roll them right, they last a LOT longer than store boughts and taste so much better.
 
Sounds like overdry tobacco, I've seen that. If it gets too dry, just throw in a little orange peel, apple core, or most anything that'll re-moisten it, without overdoing it. The air's been pretty dry here this summer, but when it's humid from rain, like normal, that becomes a non-issue. What about pipes, anyone try that? I have an estate pipe, but don't really use it much. I tend to overpack it, & it takes WAY too long to smoke. ;)
 
I used to be a daily smoker of the Backwoods cigars- stopped about four years back after being cajoled by my daughter about the habit. I had gotten to the point where I was smoking two or three a day. I do miss cigars at times. It's been 18 years since I quit cigs & I don't miss them.
 
Man I just have to rant about my fav. everyday cigar. I have smoked a pack a day for quite some time now.

Heres my gripe the company deceided to 'repackage'. while the price has slowley been climbing over the last few years due to NY. taxes they were still an affordable cigar. Right before the repackage they were 8 for $9.49 (before ny.tax hikes they were $7.49 less than a year ago.)now new package with the bold "Now 5 cigars" face sells for $ 7.49. $1.18 vs. 1.49 each.

And to add insult to injury the left the package the same size! so when i peer into my sexy pack it's less than half full!
I dont want an excuse to quit either it's one of my guilty pleasures.
Damn it all!
Thanks, I going to burn one now.

Those prices are insane. My local guy just switched over the 5-packs for $3.49 a pack. You can get them for even less on line. These guys have them for the best price if you factor in only $0.25 ground shipping:

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/

$32 for 48 cigars (Six 8-packs)

I've seen these for $30 at other sites - they then zing you on the shipping.

I supposed you might have to pay NY sales tax.
 
Back
Top Bottom