• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Baldwin tube organ conversion project

Elrick

Member
Last fall I picked up a free Baldwin Model 45 tube powered organ with the intention of converting it into a mono hi fi system and guitar amp. This is what I ended up with. Goal was to build the cab only using existing wood and fasteners from the original piece. What do you think? I'm happy with the results, sounds just like I imagined it would. The Dynaco pre amp is just temporary until I build a proper preamp/reverb/vibrato unit for the guitar down the road. For listening to FM radio I simply drive the amp though a radios phone or line out jack. This PPP amp has plenty of power and pretty good range. I'm pretty pleased with the results. Neighbors better close their windows this thing is loud.







Still need to mount the pilot light!
 
Register to hide this ad
Yep, that's idea. A mono hi fi and guitar amp in one rig. The Pas 3 works as a guitar pre amp until I can build a proper one. Makes a good, deep, clean sound for guitar but really isn't suitable for proper distortion.
 
Back
Top Bottom