• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Bang and Olufsen Beogram 1602 Score/Question

strat10

Well-Known Member
Hi all, I just scored a Bang and Olufsen Beogram 1602 for $20. The turntable is in near mint condition and seems to play perfectly. As I mentioned in my other posts I have a Toshiba SA 7150 Amplifier it has three settings for the cartridge load 100-250-450 pf. Which one should I select for this turntable? I don't know much about this turntable but it sounds and looks great. I just wanted to say this site is great, the members are informative and friendly. I just wanted to thank all for their responses to my posts :thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, basically you can simply use whatever setting sounds best to you - unless you were a strict hifi person: then the more scientific approach would be to check frequency response with a test record for every setting and then use the one with the flattest response...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Iirc, B&O's MMC carts were moving iron (MI) designs, so there might be hardly any audible difference for your three capacity settings. Unlike real with MMs, for MIs and high output MCs the capacity of the cabling and phono input should have little influence on the frequency responce...
 
Back
Top Bottom