• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

bang & olufsen beocenter 3500

zbrands

New Member
hey i was looking to replace my technics sl-qd33r for something better and i came across this on craigslist http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/4296275052.html i dont know much about these and i cant find much info on them so i was wondering if this was a good deal, would it be an upgrade for me and if i will be able to find any parts for it if needed? he said he would give it to me for $150 or for $200 and he would throw in a beogram rx that he cant test either but says it powers on and the platter spins and that it is in excellent cosmetic condition other then a crack in the dust cover.

thanks any help would be appreciated
 
Register to hide this ad
I have several B&O turntables and like them. The receivers tend to be at the age where they get terminally ill with any regular usage. I would avoid them even though I do own one.
 
Ask him where's the speakers. It usually comes with the S-60 speakers and that's worth about $150-$200 by it self and damm good speakers. Drop the receiver and exchange for the speakers than you have a good deal as there receiver all need some kind of service at this age and its very costly if you can't do them yourself. I have a Beomaster 8000 still sitting in my garage waiting for recap!
 
The reason the cartridge goes for so much on eBay is because the stylus replacements are no longer made by the manufacturer, and there's one company in Britain that makes them and charges a ton of money. If I'm not mistaken the SP line can only be retipped at a cost of about $150.
I've never bought one despite considerable intrigue because the replacement stylus generally costs more than the whole TT goes for. It might be an upgrade for 1,000 hours, but then what?
 
The reason the cartridge goes for so much on eBay is because the stylus replacements are no longer made by the manufacturer, and there's one company in Britain that makes them and charges a ton of money. If I'm not mistaken the SP line can only be retipped at a cost of about $150.
I've never bought one despite considerable intrigue because the replacement stylus generally costs more than the whole TT goes for. It might be an upgrade for 1,000 hours, but then what?
thats what i was thinking too. thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom