Lovro
Member
Hello,
Two weeks ago, I bought Bang & Olufsen Beovox M100-2 speakers, and I'm writing this thread to share some info and challenges that I came across.
Speakers were bought in Italy and driven back to Croatia, Zagreb.
Cosmetically, they are in great shape. Just one spot and some scratch on the veneer. There are two small dents on one tweeter but negligible. They came with their original stands.
The speaker is a 4way with 5 drivers. Bass, phase filler, midrange, tweeter and a super tweeter. You can google the design specifications. All the drivers and the box looks really well-made.
When you unscrew the back, the whole board of the box goes out. If you unsolder the input wires, unscrew the crossover all the drivers are at your disposition.
Both the crossovers measure identically, so either everything is ok or some capacitors dry the same in both speakers.
Unfortunately, both super tweeters are not working and for now I'm attempting to repair the first one.
The impedance measurement is in the attachment for both speakers with open super tweeters.
The surround on the phase filler is changed from foam to rubber. The driver should be Peerless KU45 MRF with the resonance around 90 Hz. The first driver with the rubber surround measures Fs exactly around that so I'm happy to see that. The wires are soldered and really short so it was measured in hand next to the box.
Some pictures...
Two weeks ago, I bought Bang & Olufsen Beovox M100-2 speakers, and I'm writing this thread to share some info and challenges that I came across.
Speakers were bought in Italy and driven back to Croatia, Zagreb.
Cosmetically, they are in great shape. Just one spot and some scratch on the veneer. There are two small dents on one tweeter but negligible. They came with their original stands.
The speaker is a 4way with 5 drivers. Bass, phase filler, midrange, tweeter and a super tweeter. You can google the design specifications. All the drivers and the box looks really well-made.
When you unscrew the back, the whole board of the box goes out. If you unsolder the input wires, unscrew the crossover all the drivers are at your disposition.
Both the crossovers measure identically, so either everything is ok or some capacitors dry the same in both speakers.
Unfortunately, both super tweeters are not working and for now I'm attempting to repair the first one.
The impedance measurement is in the attachment for both speakers with open super tweeters.
The surround on the phase filler is changed from foam to rubber. The driver should be Peerless KU45 MRF with the resonance around 90 Hz. The first driver with the rubber surround measures Fs exactly around that so I'm happy to see that. The wires are soldered and really short so it was measured in hand next to the box.
Some pictures...
Attachments
-
B&O M100-2_before.pdf337.7 KB · Views: 3
-
M100-2_peerless_1.pdf314.7 KB · Views: 1
-
20260928_195911.jpg60.5 KB · Views: 9 -
20260928_192139.jpg90.4 KB · Views: 12 -
20260928_201621.jpg105.1 KB · Views: 11 -
20260928_202731.jpg93.8 KB · Views: 9 -
20260928_202738.jpg78.3 KB · Views: 5 -
20260928_220228.jpg71.8 KB · Views: 5 -
20261001_190812.jpg82.9 KB · Views: 6 -
20261001_191737.jpg94.3 KB · Views: 9