• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Barnes and Noble LPs

stereofisher

Music forever
Subscriber
After reading the post about Barnes and Noble selling records, I finally got a chance to visit the Kingston NY store. They are selling a lot of rock Lps that I have. But I did come home with a Johnny Cash record of songs that made him famous. It's a Czech pressing in gold vinyl. It's dead quiet. No pops or hisses. I also got a Miles Davis mono reissue of Porgy and Bess. I may have it already but the size of my collection and I'm old who cares at this point. Was there to buy books for vacation. I really like the Cash record. Been picking up old Sun originals. A fun listen. They have a Pink Floyd record DSOTM I will likely get as my two copies are kind of ratty:thumbsdn: oh yeah, I did get two books! I really went for the records though. Don't tell the Mrs:D
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
Register to hide this ad
I'm really glad to see the selection growing in B&N. Like you, I already own earlier pressings of a lot of what our local store has available but nevertheless. Did you find their prices were reasonable?
 
Aloha!

That's great OP.

When I first saw Vinyl in B&N last year, I started a thread because it was exciting to see a major retailer get back into Vinyl.

Glad you had a good Vinyl Visit, and it looks like you got some good Vinyl.

Enjoy!

-Billy
 
The Barns & Noble here in Utah county just expanded their vinyl also. Before they just had some on small end caps. Now they located the vinyl to the music section of the store and dedicated an entire area to it!

As far as prices go, I think they compete with our other seller of vinyl in the area.
 
The one in Palm Desert has a pretty limited selection. I was tempted by a copy of Hejira, which I don't own and would like to, but twenty-nine bucks is a bit rich to me. I give them points for trying, though.
 
The prices seem alright. about the same price as online retailers...then add 8.25 % sales tax in my area--instead of shipping cost from buying online.

I've been cashing in on the promos at sound stage direct. Last month it was 12% all vinyl, then you get free shipping over $50

Hard to beat those promos, but the selection at my local B&N is pretty big
 
My B & N also has a decent collection, and I have purchased a number of them, Annie Lennox, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighers, the new Del Ray LP, the new Florence and the Machine LP, that little violin girl name escapes me, Pearl Jam, and a few more, I almost picked up the cover LP of Billie Holiday not sure of the girls name who is singing her songs but the cover looks good. Thanks Billy for giving us the heads up, I am holding off buying to much, as I was thinking they would not sell many and then do like Target and discount them all to clear them out. This part of Florida just doesn't seem hot on vinyl.
 
My B&N keeps expanding the vinyl rack, and this is a store that ditched the entire movie and music section a while back for an expanded kid's book section and a large, waste-of-space Nook area that could have been easily managed in about 1/4 of the floor area.
 
I was recently in a B&N which had an OK vinyl selection. I was tempted by Depeche Mode - Violator, but figured I would never play it. Prices were ridiculous. They have a huge kids section, which, like a library, is probably the one demographic that will always want printed books.

This B&N also had a bunch of Nooks, and my reaction was, they still make that? Does anyone buy them?
 
I was recently in a B&N which had an OK vinyl selection. I was tempted by Depeche Mode - Violator, but figured I would never play it. Prices were ridiculous. They have a huge kids section, which, like a library, is probably the one demographic that will always want printed books.

This B&N also had a bunch of Nooks, and my reaction was, they still make that? Does anyone buy them?

I know, the retail space for the Nook tablets is large, but they are still selling. There is decent profit not just in the sale of the Nook, but the ongoing sales of eBooks and eMagazines/eNewspapers once you have a new customer that buys the Nook.

Also, the Nook, unlike the Kindle Fire, has allowed regular application loads directly from the Google Play Store for years, without having to rely on only B&N Apps to load. Therefore, most buy them as a Tablet first, and as an eReader 2nd. It's a quality tablet, a decent eReader and a good productivity tool all for a fair price. I doubt they will discontinue them. If they do, then we've truly seen the end of Barnes and Noble.
 
Back
Top Bottom