• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bebel Gilberto

shacky

Addicted Member
Went to see Eat, Pray, Love with the wife - yeah I know it's a chick flick.

Song jumped out at me so I had to check it out. Samba Da Bencao by Bebel Gilberto daughter of Joao Gilberto. Used very well in the movie and sounds even better on the stereo - we bought the soundtrack. Has cuts from Joao, Gato Barbieri, and Neil Young.

Not trying to promote the soundtrack but I'm interested in Bebel. Is rest of her stuff as good as Samba Da Bencao? Any recommendations?
 
Register to hide this ad
Cool! Glad you brought her up, I'm going to get her second album too now! She's way underrated in NA -- beautiful voice, nice Latin jazz fusion.

Cheers!
 
I have the album she released a few years ago. I think it was top jazz album in the UK in at least one month. Her father and Jobim are giants in my musical city! lol!
 
Back
Top Bottom