• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Belt needed for Luxman K-5A cassette deck

revsven

Member
I was given a lovely old Luxman K-5A cassette deck about a decade ago - worth having for the pre-amp sound alone, a lovely bit of kit. Alas, I can no longer source the drive belt... same old story.

I've worked on this beast, replaced all the electrolytic caps on its boards, and I guess you can say I love it. If anybody out there could help me with sourcing a new drive belt, I would be over the moon! I could also do with some service info for the electronic side of things. Any K-5A fans out there?


revsven
 
Register to hide this ad
revsven said:
I was given a lovely old Luxman K-5A cassette deck about a decade ago - worth having for the pre-amp sound alone, a lovely bit of kit. Alas, I can no longer source the drive belt... same old story.

I've worked on this beast, replaced all the electrolytic caps on its boards, and I guess you can say I love it. If anybody out there could help me with sourcing a new drive belt, I would be over the moon! I could also do with some service info for the electronic side of things. Any K-5A fans out there?


revsven
Try http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/ This guy seems to be able to source some pretty uncommon belts, or at least be able to come up with some compatibe substitutions.
 
Back
Top Bottom