• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Best cart options for the money?

Jnye0526

New Member
Hello!

So I'm currently using a Sumiko Blue Point #2 on a Pro-ject RPM 5 and this is by far the best sounding cart I've ever owned. With that said I'm not sure I can (or want to) afford the 450 bucks to replace it every couple years. So I'm wondering if anyone had any opinions on any other carts that are a bit cheaper but don't lose a lot on the sound quality end.

Thank you!
 
Register to hide this ad
If you keep your records clean and in a dust free environment, why do you think you need a new stylus every couple of years? Do you actually listen to records 3 to 6 hours a day. I have a timer on my TT and I go. by the hours music is played.
 
Lots of options around 400 bucks.
AT-VM95 series gets some nice reviews and has nice value.

However, I think that AT91/3600L remains an unbeatable proposition in terms of value against price.
Anyone that ever tries it is pleasantly surprised.
 
Back
Top Bottom