• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best cost/method for shipping TO Hong Kong

Audio Fan

YT Channel - https://tinyurl.com/29zytwu9
The most recent thread I have found is back in 2009 and since costs have changed so much for shipping, I wanted to see if anyone has any recent experience/advice on the best method, both from a cost and service perspective.

I have some large speaker drivers someone in Hong Kong wants. I think the best packing is going to be expandable foam, so that should get them there safely. Just need to figure out the method. Any feedback is appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I always use USPS for international. In my experience UPS and FedEx charge large customs broker fees which either you pay (money out of your pocket) or the receiver pays (and alot of buyers are very unpleasantly surprised to get a hefty customs bill).
 
I've been looking in to this myself lately, as I am pretty determined to purchase a set of speakers soon and it will look like I need to get them shipped to HK.

Depending on the bulk and the weight of the items you need to ship, you either go with air freight, which costs per kilogram and takes about a week to arrive or with surface, which costs depending on cubic meters and takes about 6 weeks to arrive.

If you have something that is very heavy, and time is not a high priority you can save a mint using a surface freight company.
 
go for the cheapest shipping. Don't worry about customs - there's no import tax for Hong Kong BUT there may be handling charges for the UPS/Fedex/DHL guys.

Bob
 
I always use USPS for international. In my experience UPS and FedEx charge large customs broker fees which either you pay (money out of your pocket) or the receiver pays (and alot of buyers are very unpleasantly surprised to get a hefty customs bill).

For USPS, which service, the Express Mail or Priority Mail Internat'l services?

Depending on the bulk and the weight of the items you need to ship, you either go with air freight, which costs per kilogram and takes about a week to arrive or with surface, which costs depending on cubic meters and takes about 6 weeks to arrive.

If you have something that is very heavy, and time is not a high priority you can save a mint using a surface freight company.

Not sure yet how much the buyer wants to pay for shipping, but what freight companies have you considered?
 
Back
Top Bottom