• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best Imaging ADS Speakers?

cybercoach

New Member
Wondering what ADS Speaker Fans think is the best ADS Speaker in terms of IMAGING? We all know the virtues, but I have found my 1230's and 810's do not IMAGE as well as old 710's I used to have, which had original Braun drivers (except of course the Foam Woofers, which of had to be replaced with newer ADS rubber versions). 200's and 300's did no better at imaging specifically, but that's the extent of my experience with ADS. What say you all?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I've heard most but not all ADS models. I don't know much about the M series.

L1290 and probably L1090/L1590 image fairly well. I think the L200 is also pretty good, especially with the grill retainers removed.
 
Loved my L1290 Series II. Just sold two pair of L1290 IIs this week, and really hate to see those go. It's a speaker I've kept a very long time.

L1090s are going to be a smidge better in imaging than 1290s, but not go as low in the bass.

If you're local to Boston, I know a friend with L1090s he'll part with due to wife vs. large speaker collection syndrome.
 
If space is a problem...look for a pair of L10s. Best 10 bux I ever spent. I have mine on stands that are 28" or 30"...EVERYTHING sounds outstanding and some recordings are just plain sublime. And, despite their small size, they can develop some serious bass (or at least the illusion of it:)). IIRC they were part of some proprietary ADS system & had an outboard subwoofer or something.
 
Back
Top Bottom