• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best source for prerecorded reel to reel tapes?

that70sguy

Well-Known Member
What is your best source for prerecorded reel to reel tapes? The only place I know is on Ebay and occasionally Craigslist, but is there any used music stores that you know of that buy and sell reel tapes, especially in the Seattle area?

Also, does anyone know if there were ever prerecorded 10.5" reels?

thanks,

Jay
 
Register to hide this ad
What is your best source for prerecorded reel to reel tapes? The only place I know is on Ebay and occasionally Craigslist, but is there any used music stores that you know of that buy and sell reel tapes, especially in the Seattle area?

Also, does anyone know if there were ever prerecorded 10.5" reels?

thanks,

Jay

I've bought most of my pre-recorded RTR tapes off ebay, with mixed success. There are two ladies I've dealt with there quite a bit who are wonderful, however.
 
Hi,

I am aware of virtually no pre-recorded reel tapes at 10.5". The Tape Project and some made to order Hi-Fi Records material and some broadcast syndication material is all I know of in 10.5" For a fine, reliable (on the expensive side) tape dealer try Irvington Music at www.irvmusic.com.
 
Back
Top Bottom