• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Best Speakers for Sansui AU 555a and 7070

dbrown

New Member
Hello all,

I currently own a Sansui 7070 and plan on getting a rebuilt 555a this week (very excited!!). As for speakers, I have little Celestion Dittons (that I love and used to have paired with my now gone 771) that I plan to pair with the 555a in my small bedroom and some Infinity Qe speakers (that are okay, but not awesome) with the 7070 in my livingroom (15' x 30').

I generally listen to vinyl (Thorens TD166 MKII) and all basically all types of music.

My wife would really like me to stay in the "Mid-Century" look and generally seems to like speakers that do not have black grills. I am sticking with this as a bit of a compromise seeing that the entire wall is dedicated to vinyl... Please tell me though if I am really missing out on something - it may be worth going to bat!

I am considering picking up a pair of AR-2a speakers this weekend for $290. Before doing so though, I wanted to see if there were other suggestions from the group.

Note: I am open to having either receiver set-up with either speakers.

Thank you!
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom