• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best Thorens Vendors

Thorens Turntable Vendors You Rate (parts, customer service, value for money, after sales etc)

  • Audiosilente, Italy

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hanze Hifi, Netherlands

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schopper, Switzerland

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Riverside Audio, Switzerland

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jim Campbell, US

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Retrotone, UK

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woodsong Audio, US

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3

Gabrielselbo

New Member
I've spent the last couple of weeks buying parts and accessories for a new Thorens TD124 MkII project. I'm new to Thorens and it would be good to know how Thorens owners rated the various vendors out there for customer service, prices, reliability etc. The ones listed here in the poll are just some I've heard mentioned in the forum or have ordered from for the first time. If you know of other vendors (I know there are some on ebay) please feel free to mention them and your opinion of the service you received. I'm hoping results might help newbies avoid the pitfalls and have a list of reliable Thorens resources to refer to. Many thanks for your votes and opinions.
 
Register to hide this ad
I also wanted to mention that there are some parts out there that can be obtained very cheaply that some sellers on Ebay are charging an arm and a leg for. I hate seeing people being ripped off. If you know what to look for you can get those parts for a lot less than those listed under the Thorens model number. The mark-up on such items can be huge with some vendors, so beware.

Example service parts for the Thorens TD124 I have that can be bought for pennies:

1. Silicon Nitride Ceramic Balls G5 Precision Solid Bearing Balls: one 6mm ball bearing for the main spindle and one 2mm for the motor.
2. 0.01uF Metallised Polypropylene Film Capacitor
3. Mobil DTE Oil Medium ISO VG 46 Bearing Oil > see LubeFinder, UK
4. 33K Ohm resistor (1W or 2W)
5. BA15D 5W LED strobe bulb (a bright alternative to the original neon).
6. Torlon bearing thrust pad material
 
Last edited:
I got a belt for my 124 from Thakker, and it has held up well. New motor bushings from audiosilente were expensive for what they are, but I'm happy with them. Have not used the other vendors.
 
Back
Top Bottom