• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best way to splice twin lead to balun?

dewdude

High on resolution.
Bit of a development here.

I've got a couple of the classic 300ohm twin-lead FM antennas. When I was using the Kenwood self system for occasional FM listening; I just cut the spade lugs off and inserted the leads.

My brand-spankin-new Onkyo receiver came with a 75 ohm input and a lousy single wire antenna. No issue really; I can splice the antenna directly to a balun; connect with a 75ohm cable.

However; is there a "correct" way to splice twin lead for this application?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
 
Register to hide this ad
82-719-124-02.jpg


300 to 75 ohm adaptor
 
I forgot about that type of balun....mostly because I'm used to the other type...Ill have to dig through my junk pile.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
 
I was told we had a bunch of baluns at work...when I looked, I found just one of that exact type...so no splicing was needed.

Wow, those old 300ohm twin lead antennas are superb! The included antenna couldn't get crap, but now I'm getting Richmond.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
 
Back
Top Bottom