• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best way to use Marantz o-scope?

Duke58

Well-Known Member
Greetings- What's the best way to listen to a Marantz 2110 oscilloscope? The seller demonstrated the amp and tuner by turning the scope display, tuning a station, then switching the scope off, said that saves the o-scope life.

The scope display is really nice for tuning, also has an audio button which is interesting to watch. I understand that the o-scope tubes are difficult to find and expensive if you find one.

So, what do people with Marantz oscilloscopes do?

Turn the scope display on and leave it on while listening to their tuner?

Turn the scope display on while tuning a different radio station, then turn scope display off?

To preserve the oscilloscope life, leave the scope display off and use the stereo light to tune into different radio stations? This option would be the least fun for me...

Thanks for any replies,

Duke
 
Register to hide this ad
When I got my Model 20, I loved the scope but just like you, I didn't want to burn it out. Once I got the feel of tuning with the scope, I'd turn it off to preserve it for as long as possible. Of course, if somebody was coming over to visit, you'd better believe I had the scope running.....just to show off! ;-) Someone here on the list was working on building a LCD replacement but I don't know if it was ever completed.
 
Thanks, thx dave!

I'll soon be retiring from the Department of Redundancy Dept./bureaucracy and you better believe the scope will be running if someone visits!
 
Trust me....I'd run it all the time if I had a spare tube but that's not the case. I almost picked up a 150 which has a larger o'scope but it needed a new faceplate and knobs so I passed on it. But that big display sure looked nice!
 
Back
Top Bottom