• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bi-amp question...

arcorob

Addicted Member
Very simplistic...

I have a YAMAHA M65 Power amp that will run 3 speaker pairs at once. Okay, so can I use two of those channels to BI-AMP the HIGH and LOW on my Polk Monitor 70's ? NOT Bi-wire ..but actually channel a to drive the high (top posts) and channel b to drive the lows (bottom post)

I hear it is better than bi-wire...is it worth the trouble ?
 
Register to hide this ad
The amp only has 2 channels right?
There is speaker switching for 3 pairs but still only 2 channels.

So to biamp in stereo you need 4 channels.

If so then you can do what you ask and it will be in Mono or just use more wire in stereo but it will not really be biamped.

I can not imagine it would be worth the trouble but what the heck do I know you might have the time of your life?

Ed
 
What you're proposing is actually bi-wiring. With only a two channel stereo amp it can't be anything else. Of course if you have two stereo power amps that's different
 
Biamping doesn't disable the internal crossover, it merely isolates each section. No need for an outboard crossover unless you modify the speakers...
 
Biamping doesn't disable the internal crossover, it merely isolates each section. No need for an outboard crossover unless you modify the speakers...
This is passive biamping, not active biamping and not nearly as good IMO.
 
Back
Top Bottom