• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BIC Speakers - Any experience

AudioDogma

New Member
Hello all. I'm looking into purchasing a subwoofer ($150-200) and center channel (~$100) for my home theater. I live in an apartment with a modest sized living room, yet still want a 12" sub. Initially I was looking into Polk Audio, but through word of mouth I heard of BIC (www.bicamerica.com). Their speakers have been received well on amazon, but I have been unable to find any threads on AK.

Has anyone ever listened to BIC speakers? Can you speak on their quality in relation to their price point?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
While it depends on the specific speaker, I'd choose Polk over BIC in almost any situation.

Ken
 
BIC speakers are hit or miss.. depends on the model. I doubt you are finding much here on them because they really don't make anything that is that special and really stands out that people want to talk about. Some of their speakers look pretty impressive with very distinctive designs, but that doesn't seem to help the sound so much.. I'm with Ken.. Polk..
 
I can't attest to those two, but I'm just going by over all reputation, and from the pairs of speakers I've heard in the past..

My experience, not special, not bad, but better out there..

These I have no idea about.
 
I can't attest to those two, but I'm just going by over all reputation, and from the pairs of speakers I've heard in the past..

My experience, not special, not bad, but better out there..

These I have no idea about.

Ive had a few pair of BICS, there were made here where I live, so they turn up often for sale.

I have a pair of towers that are awesome sounding, but also a small bookshelf set that are so-so.

If it came to price and the bics were alot less, I think you could live happily with them...but if the price is close or isnt an issue..POLK, fer sure.
 
my BIC Venturi Formula 1 are amazing speakers...I love them. I am not sure if the later model's are quite as good.

The fact that on amazon.com that center you're viewing has no 2 or 1 star reviews at all (and only a single 3 star rating) out of almost 40 reviews is pretty dang impressive if anything, that's for sure. 20 lbs. for center channel means there is a lot of some material or another, whether it's big magnets or beefy cabinets that's usually a good sign. For $100 you could do plenty worse.

BIC now seems to be like an understated-looking Athena. Very unassuming design but good components and build typically. Some of their speakers have 7 year warranties!! The reviews overall for their newer offerings do appear to be overwhelmingly positive. I would go for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom