• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Big haul...dare I say SCROE?

71Challenger

Super Member
On Sunday a friend amd myself did a road trip (1 hour each way). Traded off a couple of sets of speakers.

For a pair of Technics SB-2477s i got..

Nikko NA-100 Amplifier
Nikko CD Deck
Nikko NT-100 Tuner
Nikko ND-100W Dual Cassette Deck
JVC TD-W107 Dual Cassette Deck
Sansui T-60 Tuner


For a pair of Sansui SP-2500As I got...

Heathkit AA-32 Tube Amplifier
Holiday 7100 Amplifier
Telefunken TA-750 Amplifier
JVC JR-S201 Receiver
Realistic STA-2000 Receiver
Tochiba SA-7100 Receiver

And Tuesday I attended an auction for the first time.

Came a way with a winning bid at a sawbuck for the lot...

Marantz 4270 Receiver w/full wood casing.
Dual 1249 Turntable with AT cart.
JBL Century L100's.
and a pair of no name towers, didn't bother with a picture.

Add to the list the Dynaco ST150 amp and PAT5 tuner I scooped last weekend...

So now I'm swimming in gear, and looking for service manuals...

Check out the pictures here....
 
Register to hide this ad
On Sunday a friend amd myself did a road trip (1 hour each way). Traded off a couple of sets of speakers.

For a pair of Technics SB-2477s i got..

Nikko NA-100 Amplifier
Nikko CD Deck
Nikko NT-100 Tuner
Nikko ND-100W Dual Cassette Deck
JVC TD-W107 Dual Cassette Deck
Sansui T-60 Tuner


For a pair of Sansui SP-2500As I got...

Heathkit AA-32 Tube Amplifier
Holiday 7100 Amplifier
Telefunken TA-750 Amplifier
JVC JR-S201 Receiver
Realistic STA-2000 Receiver
Tochiba SA-7100 Receiver

And Tuesday I attended an auction for the first time.

Came a way with a winning bid at a sawbuck for the lot...

Marantz 4270 Receiver w/full wood casing.
Dual 1249 Turntable with AT cart.
JBL Century L100's.
and a pair of no name towers, didn't bother with a picture.

Add to the list the Dynaco ST150 amp and PAT5 tuner I scooped last weekend...

So now I'm swimming in gear, and looking for service manuals...

Check out the pictures here....

holy moly, you came away with the better end of those trades with your friend imho...

nice work!
 
Nice job! Yes, the JBLs stand out in that bunch. The Marantz is a nice little catch, too, and that JVC JV-S201, while the low man on the totem pole for its series, is still a nice little relative rarity; those receivers are well-respected in Germany! The Heathkit tube amp and the Dual TT aren't bad, either. Overall, not bad at all! :thmbsp:

BUT at the rate you are going, you'll soon have every nook and cranny crammed with gear. Try to slow down and digest what you have, maybe weed out and sell some lesser pieces after you've tried them out, to make room for newer and better things. If you don't start now, you' may wish later on that you had. (Just ask me how I know... :D)
 
Nice job! Yes, the JBLs stand out in that bunch. The Marantz is a nice little catch, too, and that JVC JV-S201, while the low man on the totem pole for its series, is still a nice little relative rarity; those receivers are well-respected in Germany! The Heathkit tube amp and the Dual TT aren't bad, either. Overall, not bad at all! :thmbsp:

BUT at the rate you are going, you'll soon have every nook and cranny crammed with gear. Try to slow down and digest what you have, maybe weed out and sell some lesser pieces after you've tried them out, to make room for newer and better things. If you don't start now, you' may wish later on that you had. (Just ask me how I know... :D)

Yes,

I admit that I am indeed going to cull the herd. My wife and I have a strategy of acquire, fix and trade up towards mid-fi or hi-fi gear. So over time my herd will swell and wane but in the end we will have a few systems that we really want.

Of the lot you see here, I will probably keep the Marantz and the JBLs. All the other gear will be trade fodder.

Besides, the hunt is so damn fun!
 
I'll merge answers.

First off, My friend and I went on a road trip to trade with a third person. Guess it didn't translate from Canadian very well. :scratch2:

Second, it was fluke that I found an auction where only three people knew what we were bidding on and the other two weren't motivated. But man do those cats know a thing or two about ceramic candy dishes! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom