• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Big speaker trade. I got some SDAs!

Fast_Eddie

Upper-middle fi
Hey Guys,

I've wanted some kind of SDAs forever. But it was still a tough call. I didn't want to spend any cash, but a friend of mine who buys and sells a lot of speakers ran across a pair of SDA CRS with the stands. I think they're a later model with only one tweeter per speaker. I believe this is considered a little better than the two tweeter flavor, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I had more speakers than I had room so the trade was on. After researching some prices for stuff I came up with what I think is a fair trade. I wanted to give him stuff worth as much as the SDAs. So out the door went a VERY nice pair of Large Advents that I just refoamed, a VERY nice pair of KLH SIXs and a nice pair of Bozak 301s. Depending on how much he asks for them, he may actually come out on top of that deal, but it's nice to be able to walk through the living room again.

Though, to be fair, I did leave his place with a really intresting looking powered sub. Anyhow, I've actually been auditioning the SDAs for a few days and I really like them. Not the best sounding speakers I own, but the SDA effect is really great. Really nice speakers.

Take care,

Ed
 
Register to hide this ad
Congratulations Ed I know you have been wanting some for quite a while. However,:worthless

cubdog
 
Great trade Ed! What amp are you running them with? I believe the SDA line like lots of current. The SDA effect is pretty cool when setup right.
 
I think the stuff I gave him will sell for more than he could have sold the Polks for. But the trade is still good for me. The Sixs were a curb side find (amazing condition). I sold them for $100, then in an odd course of events they came BACK to me, again for free. I bought the Advents from you John! I think they were $90. So I'm $10 in the black so far. The Bozaks were from the thrift store for $20. Hated to see those go though. Really nice. Of course I bought foam and stuff. Got the right set of tweeters for the Sixs too. Still, I have less than $100 total in them. So if you look at it that way, yeah, that's a good price for the Polks!
 
Nice find Ed,
I hoping you have the interconnect cable for them ???

Yes, they came with the cable and the Polk stands. They are in good shape, but one tweeter looks like it may have been caved in at some point and pulled out in a way that damaged it somewhat. I think it may even have a very small hole in it. But I can't hear any difference. I may replace it one of these days. Those things are on e bay all the time.
 
I have one of the Polk tweeters from a Monitor 10 if you need it. IIRC some of the tweeters from Polk had a hole in the middle of them. Hopefully some Polkie will chime in here.

-j
 
Back
Top Bottom