• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Billboard's Top Ten Hits - 40 Years Ago

I had this one too:

Corgi_Batmobile_1973_Clear_Canopy_V2.jpg

I had one of these. :)

1974_tm125.jpg
 
That looks pretty much like what I had. What scale is that one? By bigger I meant bigger than Matchbox and Hot Wheels. Not real big, still close to, maybe a little under 1/32nd slot carts.

The classic Corgis (and the Matchbox "Models of Yesteryear" Sandy referenced somewhat derisively ;-) earlier) were 1:43 scale. There were some nice Italian 1:43 diecast cars, too - I am blanking on the name(s) of the company/ies, though.
 
Which one is their first one anyway?

I've only had them on CeeDee. Too young to have bought them on 45. ;)

Sittin In was their first. It was originally intended to be a solo album by Loggins. Messina was a CBS Records producer hired to work on the project. During rehearsals he often sat in with Loggins. The chemistry was just right leading to the subsequent LP and album title. I saw them at the University Of Hawaii outdoor concert in 1972. It was one of the best concerts I ever saw. The had a killer band, complete, with a horn section. Messina was always my favorite but Loggins was a hell of a showman. It was unfortunate that their live LP didn't live up to the real thing.

cubdog
 
Back
Top Bottom